Legal Aid HelpLine
As Community Legal Aid's central telephone and web-based intake system, HelpLine serves as the entry point for residents applying for help from CLA. HelpLine staff provide equitable support to applicants, offer applicant transitions from collaborative partner referrals, and also provide additional legal information and referrals for people who are not eligible for CLA’s services.
Call us at (800) 998-9454
- Monday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
What to Expect
- Callers will first be screened for financial eligibility.
- Eligible callers may be scheduled to speak with an attorney or referred for other types of assistance.
- Clients may be asked to fill out a written application.
- Clients may be referred to a self-help (pro se) clinic.
- Clients may be represented by a staff attorney or referred to a volunteer attorney in the community.
- Assistance is available for callers with disabilities.