Project HEAL: Health Education Advocacy and Law
Health Education Advocacy and Law Project
A partnership between Community Legal Aid and area health providers/educators to help patients overcome legal problems that are getting in the way of their health.
What are the legal determinants of health?
A medical-legal partnership allows for a holistic look at the personal legal issues that impact a patient's or population's health. These impacts may be housing, education, employment, domestic violence, income stability, and access to care.
How does HEAL work?
Community Legal Aid currently is accepting client referrals from our partnership organizations (listed below). Patients are then assessed for eligibility for legal assistance.
- Akron Children's Hospital
- Summa Health Women's Center
- University of Akron School of Nursing Center for Community Health
Want more information?
For more information on HEAL, contact the project team here, or tweet us @CommLegalAid #HEAL
- For more information or data/research on medical-legal partnerships, visit the National Center for Medical-Leagal Partnership.
- For information on Ohio's health policy, visit the Health Policy Institute of Ohio.
- For information on healthcare reform and it's impact on Ohio, visit the Governor's Office of Health Transformation.