Veterans Legal Project
The Veterans Legal Project supports Community Legal Aid's mission by ensuring those who serve have access to the benefits and services they need to live in dignity with their service. Project staff support veterans and their families through holistic legal services, as well as collaborations for supportive services with local honor courts, VA hospitals, and veteran services commission offices.
How does the Veterans Legal Project work?
Our advocates support veterans, active duty service members, and their families through:
- Outreach clinics and workshops within the veterans community
- Referrals from VA hospitals, Veterans Services Commissions, and local veterans resource centers
- Direct, one-on-one representation for veterans facing legal issues
Who does the Veterans Legal Project serve?
Our Veterans Legal Project serves low-income veterans and active-duty military members and their families. Our goal is to provide holistic legal support on a variety of issues, including:
- Bankruptcy and debt
- Domestic violence and stalking
- Housing issues and foreclosure
- Public benefits
- Expungement and record sealing
- Federal tax issues
- Simple estate planning
Who are our partners?
Want more information?
For information on applying for service, visit our HelpLine page for call-in information or apply online.