NLP: Supporting families, strengthening lives
Neighborhood Law Project
A partnership between Legal Aid and community organizations to help residents overcome legal problems that are getting in the way of their work, education, or health.
What are legal barriers for families?
Lawyers can help resolve issues with housing, work, custody and family needs, finances, and education problems. When these problems are fixed, families can focus more on being present at work, school, and home.
How does NLP work?
Our legal team comes to neighborhood events to work with residents. Partner organizations, including schools, can also make referrals or recommend that families contact Legal Aid. This lets families be helped by multiple services at the same time, addressing any and all issues they may be facing.
Who are our partners?
- United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley
- City of Youngstown
- Youngstown Neighborhood Development Corporation (YNDC)
- Youngstown City School District
- Mahoning County Land Bank
- Mercy Health Youngstown
- Akron Children's Hospital
- Coalition for a Drug-Free Mahoning County
- Compass Family and Community Services
- Eastern Ohio Area Health Education Centers
- Girl Scouts
- Mahoning County Career and Technical Center
- Mahoning County Educational Services Center
- Mahoning County Juvenile Court
- Mahoning County Mental Health Recovery Board
- Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning Valley
- Red Zone
- South Avenue Neighborhood Development Initiative (SAANDI)
- United Returning Citizens
- Youngstown Office of Minotiry Health
- Taft Promise Neighborhood Initiative
- Youngstown City Council
Want more information?
For more information or to see if you qualify, contact the NLP team at (330) 362-8350 or NLP@communitylegalaid.org. You can also tweet us @CommLegalAid #NLP.