Summer Associate Program: Immigration Law Project
The Immigration Law Summer Associate will increase the capacity of the program to serve clients seeking naturalization or initial or renewal of spousal “green cards,” which are the three most labor-intensive immigration services Legal Aid routinely provides.
The summer associate also will work on the following projects:
- Prepare Immigration Court briefs on removability of protected domestic violence victims
- Naturalization/Citizenship eligibility reviews, with regard to removability risk factors
- Developing checklists for clients
- Collecting necessary documents for particular routine immigration services
- Drafting USCIS applications and briefs on removability risks