Summer Associate Program: Housing & Consumer Litigation
The Housing and Consumer Summer Associate will have immediate contact with clients, will draft documents, and will shadow attorneys at hearings. They will be assigned an attorney with an ongoing caseload.
The summer associate will gain valuable litigation experience and will know that he/she/they have assisted vulnerable populations facing eviction, foreclosure, or consumer debt litigation. Work will be required assisting individual representation for eviction, collections, bankruptcy, and foreclosure matters, as well as systemic matters related to fair housing and fair debt collection practices. The attorney and managing attorney will evaluate the summer associate.
- Conduct screening and client interviews with clients seeking legal assistance with eviction, foreclosure or consumer debt
- Conduct factual investigations including client interviews, requesting and reviewing court, medical, and other records, searching public records, etc.
- Attend hearings, trials, and outreach events
- Conduct legal research
- Draft pleadings, research memoranda, and correspondence
- Such other tasks as may be assigned