Parenthood Toolkit: Sample Shared Parenting Schedules
If you're working on a shared parenting or visitation plan, here are some examples that can be helpful to propose to your child's other parent and to the court:
- Equal sharing of time.
- Every other weekend, plus one overnight during the week.
- Every other weekend, plus one evening per week.
- Transitional visitation, for the purpose of building relationships. (This usually follows some break in time in the relationship between the child and one parent.)
- Long-distance visitation schedule.
- Holiday visitation schedule.