Parenthood Toolkit: Grandparent and Relative Forms
When you are ready for file in court for grandparents' or relatives' rights, you will need to fill out all the following forms:
- Complaint: This document asks the court to establish visitation (parenting time).
- Grandparent Caretaker Affidavit: This form asks the court to name the grandparent as a caretaker for the child, in place of the parent.
- Power of Attorney for Grandparent: This form asks the court to name the grandparent as Power of Attorney for the child, in place of the parent.
- Income Affidavit: This document is often required with new filings. It tells the court about your income.
- Poverty Affidavit: This document asks the court to waive your filing fees based on your low-income status.
- Service document: This document is required for new and reopened cases. It notifies the other parent that you have filed something in court regarding your child.