Parenthood Toolkit: Forms for Custody
When you are ready for file in court for custody, you will need to fill out all the following forms:
- Complaint: This document asks the court to establish custody.
- Child Custody Affidavit: This document is required with any filing for parenting time or custody.
- Parenting Plan or Shared Parenting Plan: These forms tell the court the plan you and your child’s other parent have agreed to.
- Motion to Change Custody Order: This form asks the court to change the current custody agreement for your child.
- Motion for Contempt: This form asks the court to enforce a current custody order your child’s other parent isn’t following.
- Income Affidavit: This document is often required with new filings. It tells the court about your income.
- Poverty Affidavit: This document asks the court to waive your filing fees based on your low-income status.
- Service document: This document is required for new and reopened cases. It notifies the other parent that you have filed something in court regarding your child.