Accounting Manager - Position Announcement #1815
Organization: Community Legal Aid is a private non-profit law firm which works to bridge the gap between poverty and justice for those in need. Legal Aid is the primary provider of free civil legal representation to low income and elderly residents of central northeast Ohio, concentrating its efforts on legal work that makes a difference in the lives of those it serves.
Job Summary: Responsible for management of Accounts Payable and Payroll and associated general ledger activity, as well as performance of other accounting functions.
- Management of Accounts Payable including coding, entry, check run and filing.
- Ensures the timely and accurate processing of bi-weekly payroll including tracking time-off used and available.
- Prepares and books necessary journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Balances and reconciles general ledger accounts.
- Assists in the preparation of grant budgets.
- Ensures timely reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Serve as member of management team.
- Other duties as assigned by CFO or Executive Director.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in Accounting and five years related experience. Extensive experience may be considered as a substitute for a degree.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A professional attitude with good interpersonal skills including the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact.
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a collaborative work environment.
- Experience in a Non-Profit environment is preferred.
Reports To: CFO
Salary: DOE. Excellent working environment and benefit package.
Deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and write
Position #1815 in the email subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted.