Internship: Fundraising, Grant Writing, Development (Akron Office)
Unpaid Student Intern #V217
Community Legal Aid Services is the primary provider of free civil legal representation to low-income and elderly residents of central northeast Ohio. Our mission is to serve the poor by securing justice, protecting rights, promoting measures for their assistance and providing quality representation.
Community Legal Aid is currently seeking an intern to help with the grant writing and fundraising activities planned for 2018. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking to gain more experience in grant and funding research, writing, and planning activities for a large non-profit organization.
The intern will work in collaboration with Community Legal Aid’s part-time grant writer.
Under the supervision of the Director of Communication & Development, the intern will have the following responsibilities and tasks.
- Draft compelling grant proposals and conduct relevant research and data analysis for the proposals
- Identify, through research, public and private grant and corporate sponsorship opportunities for the legal programs within the organization
- Develop program summaries, outlining how each of our programs are run for funders
- Assist Community Legal Aid’s part-time grant writer in maintaining the annual grant making calendar
- Assist in preparing donor materials, including packets, thank-you letters, and processing incoming donations
- Be part of the planning and execution of fundraising campaigns, appeals, and events
- Undergraduate (junior or senior) or graduate student with experience in English and/or Communications
- Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing, and professional phone and email communication is required
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize under deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel, as well as Internet search tools
- Previous experience in research and/or grant writing
- Previous experience in event planning is preferred
- Understanding of or prior work/volunteer experience in non-profit organizations is preferred
Duration: flexible; 4 months, renewable, 10-20 hours per week
To Apply: Send volunteer application, cover letter, resume and reference contact information to: email@example.com and write Student Intern Position # V217 in the email subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted.