Internship: Communications, Marketing, PR (Akron office)
Unpaid Student Intern #V117
Communications, Marketing, PR
Community Legal Aid Services is the primary provider of free civil legal representation to low-income and elderly residents of central northeast Ohio. Our mission is to serve the poor by securing justice, protecting rights, promoting measures for their assistance and providing quality representation.
Community Legal Aid is currently seeking an intern to help with communication activities planned for 2018. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking to gain more experience in marketing, public relations, and mass communication activities for a large non-profit organization.
Under the supervision of the Director of Communication & Development, the intern will be responsible for creating and executing marketing plans for the various legal programs within the organization. This project will entail the following tasks/goals:
- Conduct research, including stakeholder interviews and appropriate data analysis, to identify key opportunities for marketing and communication within each service delivery area
- Draft a comprehensive plan marketing plan and calendar per legal program
- Draft content that can be used for multiple media formats, including print, social media, newsletters, blogs, in-person presentations, and visual communication
- Undergraduate (junior or senior) or graduate student with experience in English and/or Communications
- Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing, and professional phone and email communication is required
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize under deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel, as well as Internet search tools
- Previous experience in research and/or data analysis
- Understanding of or prior work/volunteer experience in non-profit organizations is preferred
Duration: flexible; 4 months, renewable, 10-20 hours per week
To Apply: Send volunteer application, cover letter, resume and reference contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org and write Student Intern Position # V117 in the email subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted.