Community Legal Aid is the primary provider of free civil legal representation to low-income and elderly residents of central northeast Ohio. Our mission is to serve the poor by securing justice, protecting rights, promoting measures for their assistance and providing quality representation.
- Provides comprehensive, high quality legal services to eligible clients in civil cases in accordance with organizational policies and the Code of Professional Responsibility.
- Creates an effective and efficient office environment to support the provision of high quality legal services.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations with client groups, community organizations and the state justice community.
- Pursues and maintains personal professional development and contributes to the professional development of others who serve clients and the client community as a whole.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Demonstrated interest in and sensitivity to the legal needs of the poor as well as motivation to improve the condition of the poor.
- Professional attitude, ability to relate to professionals, excellent interpersonal skills, dependability, and a high desire to contribute to an effective and collaborative work environment.
- Professional demeanor, ability to relate to people in crisis and to low income people, and desire to go the extra mile to ensure that our clients are well served.
- Independent worker with excellent analytical and organizational skills as well as the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written skills,
- Thorough working knowledge of all computer programs and office machines used by the firm and ability to learn new programs and machines as required.
- Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable.
Reports To: Managing Attorney
Salary: $40,000+ DOE. Excellent working environment and benefit package.
Deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and references to: email@example.com and write ‘Position #1612’ in the email subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted.
Community Legal Aid Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.