Position Announcement #1609
Community Legal Aid is a private non-profit law firm which works to bridge the gap between poverty and justice for those in need. Legal Aid is the primary provider of free civil legal representation to low income and elderly residents of central northeast Ohio, concentrating its efforts on legal work that makes a difference in the lives of those it serves.
- Provides comprehensive, high quality legal services to eligible clients in civil cases in accordance with organizational policies and the Code of Professional Responsibility.
- Creates an effective and efficient office environment to support the provision of high quality legal services.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations with client groups, community organizations and the state justice community.
- Pursues and maintains personal professional development and contributes to the professional development of others who serve clients and the client community as a whole.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Admitted to the practice of law in Ohio.
- Experience in housing law, specifically landlord tenant, fair housing and foreclosure, is highly desirable as is a basic understanding of family, consumer, bankruptcy and tax law.
- Demonstrated interest in and sensitivity to the legal needs of the poor as well as motivation to improve the condition of the poor.
- Personal characteristics include: professional attitude, excellent persuasive and interpersonal skills, use of diplomacy and tact.
- Basic competence in computer programs utilized by the firm.
- Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable.
Reports To: Managing Attorney
Salary: $40,000+ DOE. Excellent working environment and benefit package.
Deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and write ‘Position #1609’ in the email subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted.
Community Legal Aid Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.