#1605: Administrative Assistant – Akron Office
Position Announcement #1605
Community Legal Aid is an Ohio not-for-profit law firm which works to bridge the gap between poverty and justice for low income and elderly residents of central northeast Ohio. We concentrate our efforts on legal work that makes a difference to those in need. We are the primary provider of free civil legal services in Columbiana, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit, Trumbull and Wayne Counties.
Job Description: The Administrative Assistant will provide support for the Executive Office with emphasis on development and communications functions. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Support for members of management team, including the Executive Director.
- Support client services by fielding and processing questions and complaints.
- Support Board of Directors by maintaining files, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, production of materials.
- Support for annual giving campaign including donation processing and donor acknowledgement; maintenance of excellent donor relations.
- Assist in development, writing, editing, and proofreading of brochures, publications, newsletters news releases and other materials; posting to web site, Facebook and Twitter
- Scheduling, arranging and supporting special events such as team meetings, continuing legal education trainings, donor receptions, community education presentations, clinics and reporting and compliance calendars.
- Support grant writing activities including production of grant applications and reports as well as maintenance of excellent relationships with funders
- Representation of Legal Aid at community events and meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications include demonstrated interest in and sensitivity to the legal needs of the poor as well as motivation to improve the condition of low income people, excellent interpersonal skills, first-rate oral and written communications skills, professional attitude, discretion, diplomacy and tact, ability to relate to professionals, strong analytical and organizational skills, high dependability, demonstrated ability to learn, adapt and grow, experience accurately and precisely maintaining a database, thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, & Publisher; Adobe Suite; Google Apps for Business; and other computer programs and office machines used by the firm, as well as the ability to learn new programs and machines as required. The ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable as is prior experience with donor database software. Flexible work hours may be required for specific events, and local travel within central northeast Ohio is likely.
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary: Depends on experience. Excellent benefits and working environment.
Deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and write ‘Position #1605’ in the email subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted.
Community Legal Aid Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.