Legal screening by phone in partnership with the Akron VA Community Resource and Referral Center (Summit)
Free and open to veterans
Advocate will screen veterans to determine their eligibility for civil legal services and provide information on how Legal Aid can help. Note: speaking with an advocate does not guarantee full representation.
We may be able to assist with the following types of issues:
- Evictions and Landlord/Tenant Issues
- Debt mitigation and/or bankruptcy
- Probate matters
- Federal tax issues
- Simple estate planning (wills, powers of attorney, living wills)
- Record sealing or expungement
- Civil Protection Orders - domestic violence and stalking
- Family law matters
- Special education needs
- Access to public benefits
Pre-registration is required. Call 330-761-7054 and select "4" at the prompt.