Legal screening by phone in partnership with the Akron VA Community Resource and Referral Center (Summit)
Free and open to veterans
An advocate will call you during your scheduled appointment to provide information about our services and screen veterans to determine their eligibility for civil legal services. Note: speaking with an advocate does not guarantee full representation.
We may be able to assist with the following types of issues:
- Evictions and Landlord/Tenant Issues
- Debt mitigation and/or bankruptcy
- Probate matters
- Federal tax issues
- Simple estate planning (wills, powers of attorney, living wills)
- Record sealing or expungement
- Civil Protection Orders - domestic violence and stalking
- Family law matters
- Special education needs
- Access to public benefits
Pre-registration for a phone appointment is required. To schedule an appointment, call 330-761-7054 and select "4" at the prompt.