Human Resources Manager, Akron - Position #2002
Position Announcement #2002
Human Resources Manager
Community Legal Aid is a private non-profit law firm which works to bridge the gap between poverty and justice for those in need. Legal Aid is the primary provider of free civil legal representation to low income and elderly residents of central northeast Ohio, concentrating its efforts on legal work that makes a difference in the lives of those it serves.
This position is part of Community Legal Aid’s Finance Department
- Responsible for managing Human Resource areas.
- FMLA, Unemployment, Worker’s Compensation and COBRA administration.
- Assists in the preparation of funding source grant applications.
- Assists in the development and administration of various human resource procedures for all personnel.
- Conducts new employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment procedures.
- Assists with various areas of accounting including monthly and yearly closing.
- Serves as a member of management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Human Resources preferred and five years related experience. Extensive experience may be considered as a substitute for a degree.
- Knowledge of accounting software as well as PR/HR software.
- A professional attitude with good interpersonal skills including the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact.
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a collaborative work environment.
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to employee benefits and employment.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel and working knowledge of Access and Queries a plus.
- Experience in a Non-Profit environment is preferred.
Location: Akron, OH
Reports To: CFO
Salary: DOE. Excellent working environment and benefit package.
Deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply: Send cover letter including salary expectations, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that you are applying for position #2002.