Grants Manager, Akron - Position #1911
Position Announcement # 1911
Community Legal Aid is a private non-profit law firm which works to bridge the gap between poverty and justice for those in need. Legal Aid is the primary provider of free civil legal representation to low income and elderly residents of central northeast Ohio, concentrating its efforts on legal work that makes a difference in the lives of those it serves.
The Grants Manager is responsible for managing activities that help grow Community Legal Aid’s revenue sources to maximize the organization’s impact. This role helps Legal Aid launch new programs and sustain existing work that transforms the lives of those in need.
- Design, implement, and monitor grants management workflow processes and procedures; oversee the continual improvement of grants management operational systems, processes, and policies.
- Work with finance department and service delivery staff to prepare and submit funding applications.
- Monitor and track award notifications from funders.
- Review all grant awards or contracts and identify all grant deliverables, reporting deadlines, and special requirements.
- Manage the process of ensuring that systems are in place to track and report on grant deliverables throughout the grant period.
- Manage the process of identifying data errors in the case management system and for making necessary corrections to ensure accurate and efficient reporting of grant-related data.
- Manage the process of collecting outcomes achieved for clients and ensuring recorded outcomes comply with requirements.
- Monitor and report internally on the progress of grant activities, including producing internal data summaries, reports, and custom analysis as needed for finance, service delivery, senior leadership, and board of trustees.
- Monitor and report compliance by staff of grant requirements and related organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintain master calendar of grant deadlines and milestones for existing funders and new funding prospects.
- Utilize project management software to assign and track grant related tasks to staff members.
- Coordinate needed revisions to grants, including budgetary or service delivery revisions.
- Work with service delivery staff and finance department to prepare grant reports.
- Attend funder trainings and technical assistance sessions.
- 5+ years in project management, data management, or related field; some exposure to grants administration and/or non-profit organizations is highly desirable.
- Empathy and passion for helping others.
- Experience working collaboratively with and managing projects that include external organizations and entities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of complex data management.
- Solid planning and organizational skills with high attention to detail, accuracy, protocol, and deadlines.
- Ability to oversee and prioritize multiple projects and effectively manage workflows to meet deadlines.
- High level of flexibility and responsiveness with the ability to shift priorities quickly as organizational demands require.
- Ability to take initiative and develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- High level of discretion in maintaining confidentiality of sensitive materials and issues.
Location: Akron, OH
Reports To: Director of Communications and Development
Salary: Depends on Experience
To Apply: Send cover letter including salary expectations, resume, and references to:
email@example.com and indicate that you are applying for position #1911.