How We Can Help
What is Community Legal Aid?
A Central Northeast Ohio non-profit law firm which:
- Specializes in poverty law and is devoted to providing free, high-quality civil legal services to eligible clients
- Is dedicated to providing legal advice, information and representation and assistance for those seeking to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency.
- Provides information about laws and the legal system to those who work with the poor and elderly so that they may better serve their clients.
- Is a non-profit corporation governed by local lawyers, members of the client community and others concerned about equal access to justice.
- Serves clients in Columbiana, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit, Trumbull and Wayne counties.
How Can I Get a Lawyer?
Apply right now online
You can apply online at any time. We will call you within a few days to complete your application. The online application currently does not work on smart phones and tablets using iOS or Android. Click here to apply now.
Call our Legal Aid HelpLine
1-800-998-9454, Monday and Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m, and Tuesday and Thursday 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Callers to the HelpLine must first be screened for financial eligibility.
- Eligible clients may be scheduled to speak with a HelpLine attorney or referred for other types of assistance.
- Clients with certain types of legal problems may be asked to fill out a written application or referred to a self-help clinic.
- Clients with certain types of legal problems may be represented by staff attorneys at one of our local offices or referred to a volunteer attorney in the community.
What Can You Help Me With?
We can handle a variety of different cases, including consumer rights, family, housing, foreclosure, health, education, public benefits, wills, probate and taxes.
Community Legal Aid also maintains an online Self Help Library with brochures and fact sheets covering a range of legal topics. Look under Topics on the home page.
Community Legal Aid also works with local non-profit groups whose purpose is to benefit the poor and the elderly.